Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Let's Catch Up!!

     Where to begin...much has happened since I last blogged, but let me start by saying that Kayla and Justin are finally married. It was a beautiful wedding! Many were there to celebrate their special day. Kayla was absolutely beautiful...and I'm not just saying that cause she is my daughter, she really was beautiful. I cried, Jay cried, Jessica cried, Mawmaw cried...why do people cry at weddings...I mean it's suppose to be a happy day! I guess just knowing that she will no longer be home. I didn't give it much thought before til I saw her walking down that aisle to be married. My first born has gone from home...she's all grown up. Sniff sniff. But, 4 weeks has passed since that special day and I have slowly grown accustomed to the major change...of her no longer here.
     They are all growing so fast...Jessica is taking college classes and now has a job, Joseph is seeking a job, and Alan just got his driver's permit. Wow! I wish they would stop growing! I know this is life and my job is to be a good mom...teach them to be the best they can be so they be good people and let them go off to their grown-up world. Speaking of grown-up world, I sometimes wish I wasn't living in it...It's much easier when you're a kid. Although, I never thought it then.
     The last thing I am going to write about today is that I was not accepted into the program I applied for...this was very hard for me and I cried all day after I checked the mail that day. I worked so hard and my GPA is very good, but my ACT is not good...and this was the deciding factor. So, I'm not going to let this keep me down. I am going to work at this and get a better score...if it kills me! Not really. But, I am going to try to get my score better. I also decided that maybe that wasn't the program for me anyways and I'm going to try for what I orginally wanted to do. Who knows maybe it was good I didn't get in!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment